#BookDirect Day - 6th February 2019
If you follow social media websites, you may have noticed a lot of posts lately about #BookDirect. What's that all about then? Well, it is what it says on the tin - an initiative to encourage you, the holidaymaker, to book direct with holiday accommodation owners, rather than booking through the large online agents. There are many reasons why booking direct makes sense:
- Nobody knows their accommodation better than the owner, so why not speak to them - literally or through email or messaging - to find out whether they offer what you're looking for?
- You won't be paying third party fees, which can add up to 20% (or more!) to the cost of your holiday. Why line the pockets of the 'big boys' when you can keep your hard earned cash in YOUR pocket?
- Lots of accommodation can only be found by booking direct - including ours. We don't use online agents, we only take direct bookings. Why? Because we want you to have the best holiday possible, at the best price possible, and we love the personal contact with our guests.
- Owners know their local area well. Which means they can help you plan your holiday & cater for any special needs you may have.
- You'll be supporting small businesses, who in turn often support local businesses.
You've already made a great start on your #BookDirect journey, by finding us. Even if you don't book with us, why not look out for adverts on social media & try the #BookDirect approach next time you book your holiday? You know it makes sense!